Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week-2-EOC-What do I think about lawyers


What do I think about lawyers?   I think lawyers go for the smart cases, meaning they pick and choose which case they will accept based on how good they have a good chance of winning the case. I think lawyers can’t afford to be companionate with the cases they chose to defend. Lawyers are putting food on the table the same as the rest of the human population, meaning they are doing their job. I had an experience of getting sued in a car accident I was apart of.  I was at fault for the accident and I did not shy away from that fact, the person I hit could of called my car insurance company and have them pay for the damage that person suffered, which was all fine with me since I hit her to avoid another more terrible car accident on the highway. The person I hit didn’t do that and they proceeded to sue my parent’s car insurance and my friend’s mom’s car insurance because the truck was in her name. For about a year I had to meet with my friend’s mom car insurance lawyer and they got a statement from me saying what happened in my words. I gave a statement and that was the last time I saw that lawyer. My lawyer never called me or never called me into a meeting with him. He kept me posted every step of the way, I got lots of legal paper, and that was our lawyer client relationship. My friend’s mom’s insurance lost their case and had to pay $2,000. My lawyer won my case and my parents insurance had to pay nothing. After that my parent’s insurance company dropped our whole family from the insurance. We had to get new insurance. I’m happy that I didn’t have to pay for anything but I’m not happy about making my family suffer for a mistake of mine. I think lawyer’s do their job well but no matter what the verdict is your life will change forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment